Snow Hallelujah!

C was enthralled with today's snowfall. He would not be contained in the house and insisted he watch the white flakes fall from the sky.


While outside I snapped a pic of this cute wreath M and I made. It took us three nights and it was so nice to work on a project together after the boys were down for the night.


Another nice thing we were able to do together...Handel's Messiah. As a child, one thing I loved about Christmas was attending and participating in the Messiah. It brought the community together, it was free, and there was a lovely feeling of peace. While I have enjoyed going to Abravenal Hall the last few years with my Mom and Sisters and while I appreciated the invite this year, what I really wanted to do is introduce M to the magic of the Messiah in the same way it was introduced to me...with enthusiastic (sometimes off key) community members singing praises to God. So that is what we did. And you know what? It was every bit as wonderful (and off key) as I had hoped. And how did M feel? She loved it too. She wants to learn the Hallelujah Chorus so she is prepared for next year. My definition of an absolutely perfect night.



Comments