Handel's Messiah

One of my favorite Christmas traditions growing up was attending the Messiah Sing-In. My Mom took us every year and for several years I had the opportunity to participate in the choir. I absolutely love the score, especially the second half. The music is spiritual and moving and triumphant and did I mention I love it?

This year my Mom purchased tickets for my sisters and I to attend the Sing-In with her at Abravanel Hall and it was INCREDIBLE!!!! What a fabulous event to participate in. Such a feeling of community. And then there was the orchestra. And the conductor was a hoot. It was very clear we were not on his level, but he eventually rolled with it and had fun. What joy to sing praises to God and frankly, to do it poorly, but jubilantly. Thanks Mom for such a spirited evening! Love you!


Comments