Sick goat and a piano recital

TBD is not getting better. I have had the worst time trying to find help for this goat. Thankfully, I found someone with extensive goat knowledge, who offered to lance the bump. J and I loaded TBD into the minivan (yes, the minivan) and headed to the vet. It turned out to be a giant abscess filled with pus. J and I held the bucking and screaming goat while the vet cut a large slit in its side and we watched about a half cup of pus and blood pour on the ground. So, so nasty. 

The vet recommended I purchase antibiotics and needles. I went to several farm stores to get them but because of COVID they were sold out since people are ingesting animal meds instead of people meds. (Come on, people) I was finally able to locate an antibiotic from a friend but by then, I had run out of time to return to the farm. So we ended up bringing the goat back to our house, tying it up to the tree in our front yard, and me giving it a shot in the neck while it screamed and our children tried to comfort him and our neighbor watched in shock and awe...Steve filmed the whole thing  

We are living our absolute best lives. The goat? Not so much.

Minivans can do anything. 


Poor thing.

Then Steve took TBD and the boys back to the farm while I took M to her piano recital. She was amazing. She played Chopin's Raindrop Prelude, Op. 28, No. 15, Ludovico Einaudi's Nuvole Bianche and The Entertainer in a duet. She also ended up winning the studio competition for most hours practiced, most sight reading completed, and most memorized pieces. I absolutely love listening to and watching my children's piano talents expand.


Comments