Tamales

As M gets older she is becoming increasingly proud of her Mexican heritage. She loves that we make pasole several times a year and has decided that we should add tamales to our repertoire. M has been begging me to make tamales for the last several months. (When M's Birth Mother invited us to dinner after the adoption was finalized she let me choose pasole or tamales. I chose pasole because I had no idea what it was. I bet she has a fabulous recipe for tamales.)

Truth: I have been dragging my feet because tamales seem labor and time intensive. After watching many YouTube videos M and I were ready to tackle this new cuisine. And you know what? It wasn't too difficult to make and was surprisingly delicious. Everyone is already asking when we are having them again.



M is constantly playing with and braiding my hair. In fact, once she finishes dinner she frequently will do my hair and take pictures of her work while we continue talking around the table.



Comments