M's last day of elementary school

I remember M's first day of kindergarten. I was a mess for pretty much the whole entire year.

And then today arrived...M's last day of elementary school. Outwardly = not a mess. Inwardly = a mess. You know why? Because my whole job as a mom is to make sure my kids can stand on their own two feet. (And it's complicated since I want my babies to grow up and be happy, healthy, and independent so I wouldn't want them to live with me forever...I just know I will miss them.)

Today we are one step closer to her growing up.



I found this in her backpack when I was cleaning it out.


I found this in D's backpack and it absolutely broke my heart. There are no clues as to why he was having a bad day at "hoem". Just the statement itself. It reminded me of Season 5 episode 14 of Everybody Loves Raymond entitled "Ray's Journal when Debra reads Ray's journal and it says "I e-hat (hate) my mom."


I asked D about it and he couldn't remember writing it. I can't fix what he doesn't remember. So yep. Today was a rough one.

Comments