They come and they go

So M started school and just like the scriptures say it was a great and terrible day. The day before school started I received a call informing me M needed to switch teachers and change to a different start time due to class size. I started panicking. I didn't know the teacher! I've never been in the classroom! As if my baby leaving me wasn't bad enough! Be still my soul! (Are you feeling the pathos?)

Dropping M off at school was awful. Terrible, if you will. I was so sad I didn't have any tears to cry. But for M, this was her moment and it was awesome. Great, if you will. She bolted out of the minivan (we are stylin') and danced in place waiting for me to unbuckle the boys and introduce her to her new teacher. (I got to meet her, too.) All the kids lined up to go inside and M did not even look back once as she marched on to a new and independent life. (Okay, okay, just new, not independent. She still needed me to listen to her first day and get her a snack which I was thrilled to do.)





As if this school story is not enough...teeth have been flying in and out of mouths in this house. While I was at work, M lost her first tooth so Steve manned the camera to capture this momentous event. Let me tell you about the Tooth Fairy. First of all the Tooth Fairy is cheap. Secondly, the Tooth Fairy is lazy. This combination means the Tooth Fairy found some mini candy bars at work and switched the tooth for ooey, gooey, sticky candy. Perfect for the loss of additional teeth.






Days later, D's bottom teeth appeared.



Then a few more days go by and WHAM! M looses another tooth in the morning. Sometime between pulling the tooth out and waking me up to show me the gap in her mouth she lost the tooth in the covers. Do you remember when I said the Tooth Fairy is cheap and lazy? Well, I told her that blasted fairy refuses to visit if there is no tooth to take. For everyone out there looking at the screen with eyes and mouths wide open you can relax. I had a perfectly logical explanation for this. What if she finds the tooth after the Tooth Fairy comes? How do I explain some magical fairy's inability to find the only thing she came for? I'm just sayin'. Here is the surprising thing..it has been several days and she still has not found the tooth and does not seem to care the Tooth Fairy has not stopped by. She has simply accepted that when the tooth shows up she will receive a visit from one very lazy fairy.


Parents of the World...I may be on to something...

Comments

  1. You may or may not be the world's worst parents, but you are certainly THE world's best writer; just HILARIOUS! I look forward to nothing more than reading up on you and your haps. And it reminds me that I miss your guts and we should probably get together...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment