Skiing and Snowboarding lessons

Today is the day we learned to ski and snowboard! I signed us up for lessons for the next 3 weeks. J and D are snowboarding while the rest of us are skiing. And it was so fun!! Oh my goodness! Skiing, where have you been all my life?

It was a lovely, balmy winter day. Sweatshirts were sufficient. Gloves not needed. I am usually a control freak about people interacting with my kids unsupervised but this situation was different. I am a complete novice and have to learn quickly so I can keep up with them. 

We were in four different classes and all on the same hill. Steve and I were in a class together and it was like we were on a chaperoned date. It was just us and the teacher. Steve kept saying over and over how fun skiing is and how we should have done this years ago. Oh Steeeeeeve. *eye roll* Seriously though, it was absolutely amazing. It has been a long time since I've had this much fun.

To be clear, we are not good at this AT ALL and there were lots of falls and snafus and hiccups but it was a blast! One of the most magical parts of skiing and snowboarding was the car ride home. Everyone was in such a good mood and sharing their thrills and spills. There was laughing and chatting and cheering one another on. I think this is going to be a memory making winter.

Riding the lift.


 
So. Much. Fun.

 
 
We got pics of M, J, and C when we were riding the lift but kept missing D.



 
 Coming home.
 
Wiped out.

Comments