General Conference Fall 2021

This General Conference was powerful. So many messages that felt increasingly relevant to the time and social climate we are currently living in. President Nelson's Sunday morning talk on spiritual foundations was what I needed to hear. I have become increasingly fearful of how to find and provide peace to our children as the world continues to spiral into hate. I was moved when he said, "Please believe me when I say that when your spiritual foundation is built solidly upon Jesus Christ, you have no need to fear. As you are true to your covenants made in the temple, you will be strengthened by His power. Then, when spiritual earthquakes occur, you will be able to stand strong because your spiritual foundation is solid and immovable." 

The question many may ask themselves is this...why would I believe what an old man says? It is because I know he is the living prophet and speaks for the Lord. My friend once said that after reading the scriptures it was clear there were two types of people...those who choose to follow the prophet and those who do not. The scriptures provide ample examples of the consequences of both groups. I believe in current and ongoing revelation and I am grateful for it. I would not be able to be part of this church if there had been no evolution since its restoration in the1800s. Revelation both to the church and me personally, show me that God is interested, invested, and cares about us. I am grateful for the strength that knowledge provides.

Our conference forts.


 
New this year--Defending the conference forts.


Comments