Garage tomatoes

It was time to pull out the garden. Always bittersweet. The garden makes the yard look so green and alive. I miss it when it's gone. 


This year we had so many green tomatoes I didn't want them to go to waste so we are going to do an experiment. I have read you can hang the plants upside down in a protected place and they will ripen. This seems like a good year to try. Steve helped me hang them in the garage. 


We celebrated the day with a special year end garden meal. Pasta with tomato sauce, watermelon, acorn squash, Armenian cucumber and 5 minute sour dough. C and I made cheesecake bites topped with blueberries and garden peaches.


Speaking of peaches...there was a mishap. Steve ran into the peach tree while mowing the lawn for the last time of the year in the dark. One lesson painfully learned. Ouch, ouch, ouch.


Comments