Coronavirus vaccine

Steve and I have been back and forth about whether we should get the Covid vaccine and ultimately we decided we believe in science. We believe in medicine. We believe in and trust those who have made it their life‘s work to understand immunology, epidemiology, chemistry, biology, and pandemics. After extensive research, we determined that though it would be a risk and there were many unknowns, the end of the pandemic can only come through herd immunity and herd immunity can be reached most quickly and with the least amount of damage via vaccine.

Today we received a surprising email from work that told us we would be eligible for the Covid vaccine immediately. We were able to schedule our vaccines a few hours later. Walking into the conference room and seeing a dry erase board with the words "Welcome to Making History 2020 " caused emotion to well in my chest and throat. 

 

I’ve had coworkers die and others become chronically ill with long haulers as a result of this vicious virus and I am willing to be part of this vaccination movement to bring an end to the sorrow. This has been the first time in my life that I have been thrilled to get a shot. Steve and I were almost euphoric. Modern medicine is an amazing gift and blessing. We are so incredibly grateful to have access to it. 

 

Please get vaccinated. 

Let’s end this.

Comments