Seed vs sod

Have we talked about the sod vs seed "discussion" Steve and I have been having for three summers? Steve wanted sod; I voted for seed. Since the backhoe tore up our yard we have debated the merits of growing our own grass ($200) vs established vegetation ($1200). The coronavirus made sod scarce because everyone was home and trying to beautify their surroundings and as a result the cost skyrocketed. Honest to goodness, I tried to make my Husband's dream come true, but I couldn't get sod to fit our budget. He was not convinced I tried hard enough so in a very loud "discussion", I offered to pick up extra shifts to make his yard dreams come true. At that point he agreed to try seed. Sooooo....it took five hours of our time and *voila* four days later we had baby grass. Everyday we have gone outside and basked in the awesomeness of growing things and there have been no more "discussions" on the subject.







Comments