Horse Flat Trail

Steve was in the mood for a hike and I was willing. We decided on Horse Flat Trail. The trail does not have a significant elevation gain so that spoke to my soul. It was rated easy, but whoever said that wasn't coaxing unhappy children. They were mostly good sports on the way up, it was the way back that proved challenging. They simply did not want to walk anymore. Alas, that was not an option.

Thank heaven for distracting wildlife.

Thank heaven for oddly shaped trees that offer respite for weary travelers.




 The peak would have been stunning if not for the raging wildfires filling the air with smoke.



Practicing her selfies.

Improving on her selfies.

The look he gave me when I told him the reason things appeared small in the binoculars was because he was looking in the wrong end. He did not believe me.


Comments