July 4 2020

Usually on July 4th, I'm working so Steve and the kids head to his parent's house for their annual neighborhood breakfast and parade. Not this year. COVID-19 is working overtime and I had the day off. We asked his parents to a socially distant picnic. We ended up at a church and let the kids ride bikes and scooters while we visited over lunch.




Grammy brought festive napkins.
 
She also brought cupcakes.

Bike riding.

Scooter riding.

Ball throwing.

 Ball catching.

Thanks for picnicking with us!

We had our backyard silly string war. We were all winners. That's what we told the kids. They insisted that was a ridiculous statement as there is no such thing. How's that for a truth bomb?


Steve bought insanely loud Pop-Its and the kids were getting a kick out of how explosive they were. I wore ear plugs. Learned my lesson last year when my hearing was badly affected from those dumb things. No problems this year.


Pop-Its snapped in the fingers.

J's goofy face.

D's goofy face.

M's goofy face.

C's serious face. 
He was intently focused on not burning himself.


The kids asked if they could take pictures. I handed over my phone and found these gems later.



They snapped one of Steve and I.

We enjoyed peach creamies and tucked the boys into bed.


They were still up when fireworks lit the night sky so we officially ended Independence Day oohing and ahhing from our driveway. My idea of a perfect holiday.

Comments