The yard saga continues

We have had a pile of leftover boulders chilling in our yard for two years waiting for us to finish a flower bed border. Steve was always busy with something else and it wasn't a priority for him and so it sat. Well I got a bee in my bonnet and decided this was the week and since Steve was otherwise occupied (working from home), I enlisted the kid's help. They were skeptical, but I figured if  ancient civilizations built large structures, we could successfully line up rocks.

I did not take pictures while we were doing this because those boulders were heavy and it took M, J, D, and I working together to manhandle them. Many times the kids said, "This would be easier if Dad helped us" and I agreed because they were 100% right, but where is the fun in that? Ultimately Steve helped position one large rock for which we were grateful, but otherwise the kids and I built this:


I used the rest of the rocks to shore up a section of earth the kids brought down when they decided sliding was more fun than taking the stairs.


A few days after that, Steve's Mom gave me Hens and Chicks to help stabilize the dirt. Thank you!


While I was moving rocks and dirt, Steve (when not working) was cleaning the house and doing dishes and laundry. I am so glad he doesn't mind doing those things and willing takes charge in that arena because I hate housekeeping. It sucks my soul. He has especially stepped up the last two months since he has been working from home and I have been helping the kids with distance learning. Thank you Babe, for taking care of all the housework and not expecting me to lift a finger. What we have, works. I love you!

Comments