The boys give Mom a makeover

The boys watch M paint my nails and think it is cool that she gets to "draw" on Mom. Lately they have been wanting to show off their art skills. So I let them. J painted my toenails and D painted my fingernails and I have proudly worn them for all the world to see. I have received compliments (or at least commentary) on both.


But the "Let's color Mom!" project does not stop there...no, no. C did my eye.



Yep. I was tickling him and he headbutted me so hard it immediately took my breath away while waves of nausea washed over me. I am very glad he hit the bone instead of my eye. There would have been lasting damage. I just laid on the couch with my hand over my eye while he repeated on a loop, "Mom, are you okay?" and "Mom, why aren't you talking" and "Mom, say something" and "Mom, I sorry" all while he rubbed my belly. It took about fifteen minutes before the nausea abated enough to respond in the way a kind mother should. It took two days for the swelling to go down and for those with inquiring minds...it hurts. Even blinking causes it to twinge. Steve is jealous. I much prefer the makeover I got from J and D.

Making goofy faces with J and C once I could breath again.


Comments