M is 13

M is 13. We officially have a teenager. What?!


For her quarantine birthday she researched wheat free cakes (hers was made with oat flour) and watched cake decorating videos to design her own.


Frequent faces at our house.



Steve picked up a case of Dr Pepper, her favorite soda, at Costco. She was thrilled.


Steve's brother gave us his Nintendo WII so we are now video game owners. Thank you! We thought M's birthday was a good day to unveil the surprise.


M chose ribs, caprese salad, grilled mangoes, grilled avocados  and strawberries for dinner. Pizza was not nearly exciting enough for her. You know...because...we are raising foodies over here.


The night ended with she and Dad watching her first PG-13 movie together...Star Wars : The Force Awakens.


My kids are growing up so fast and for the last year I wanted time to stop so I could enjoy them longer. While everything stinks with COVID-19 itself, I am cherishing this precious time where my children are home, Steve is home, and there are zero outside forces vying for our attention. I got my wish. And as always...thank you to M's Birth Mother. Your selfless gift proved that my dreams really could come true.

Comments