Removing stucco

A few years ago I noticed green algae growing out of the stucco under the windows on the back of our house. I did what any uniformed homeowner does...shrugged my shoulders and said, "Huh...that's weird." Fast forward to last year when the algae started to spread and an internet search revealed that living, green growth out of rock means water damage. Duh.

Sooooooo...we are replacing stucco. Because we could save a chunk of money if we did the demolition ourselves. Per the usual, Steve and I had strong disagreements on how to proceed. I wanted to whack the stucco with a hammer old school. He wanted to rent power tools which was delaying the start of the project. Ultimately I lost my temper, grabbed a hammer, and started slamming. Using a hammer, tin snips, and crowbar the stucco came right off. It took a few hours spread over a few days, but it wasn't bad at all. Again per the usual, as we stood back and looked at our handiwork, Steve put his arms around me and said, "I never should have doubted you." And I said, "You know I am going to blog about this, right?" And he laughed and kissed me.

The kids thought this was the best home project we have ever done.

One of our photo journalists.

Steve slummin' it old school.


Another photo journalist.

Thrilled to be part of the team.



Comments