Masks

My job has always carried a level of risk (which is humorous since at my core I am risk averse), but it is terrifying to interact with individuals during this pandemic. I never imagined I would be in a world where I am unable to convey fundamental care and concern because my face is covered by a shield and we are all terrified of a silent killer. I am not claustrophobic, but after my first shift in a mask and shield which restricted breathing and access to fresh, clean air, it took days for me to quit gulping air. I felt oxygen deprived and anxious anticipating upcoming shifts. Someday when we know more about the coronavirus perhaps we will feel prepared and in control, but that is not the case right now.


I have made cloth masks for the fam. Steve proudly wears his when running our limited errands.


Comments