Valentine's Day 2020

J and D enjoyed preparing their Valentine cards. M decided she was too old for such a silly holiday and was not interested in making Valentines.


I ran a craft station for J's classroom party. We "heart attacked" the teacher. The kids wrote nice notes on paper hearts they cut out and then had to sneak them on the door without the teacher seeing. The kids loved being on a super sneaky mission.


The boys spent an hour going through their Valentine bags after school. D got one with a unicorn and tried to recreate the effect in his hair.


I have been hearing about a place called NPS. It is a catchall for retailers of all kinds. I went for the grocery section and was astounded. It is where food goes to die and it is my new happy place. I happened to go on a day they offered 20%  off the entire purchase. My entire cart was $67! And because I spent over $50 I got a free gift. Completely worth battling the very aggressive shoppers, narrow aisles, dim lighting, chilly temperatures, and decrepit building. Twelve yogurts for a dollar! Happy Valentine's Day to me!


The free gift from NPS was two bracelets, two necklaces, lip liner, and lipstick. M and I laughed when we tried on the lipstick. Probably not my color, but M could pull it off.


I got a weird email from M's school asking parents to not help their kids participate in any Valentine gift giving that would detract from academic involvement. (What? Duh. Why am I getting an email like this?) When M came home she made an interesting observation. She has noticed most holidays are not celebrated in middle school like they are in elementary. She expected Valentine's Day would be similarly disregarded. Imagine her surprise when there were hearts, candy, oversized stuffed animals, and roses passed from amorous boys to surprised girls. She was not the recipient this year, but now we both better understand that email.

Comments