Then and now

My Mom sent me two pictures from my home school yearbook and before you start laughing about how my home school yearbook was my family photo album, it wasn't. We belonged to a large co-op who was serious about replicating the public school experiences for kids like us. So I now share two gems from days gone by.

I was twelve. My birthday gifts that year were pierced ears and the horrific haircut and '80's perm you are now viewing. Yes. We knew it was bad even then.


This was the year I won third place at the state level 4-H public speaking competition. I believe we can all agree I am rocking the 80's jeans.



And this is me now. I took this picture to send as a joke to my friend and then chickened out at the last minute. I will use it as exhibit A to show that ugly ducklings become swans.


A word about home school...it was a wonderful experience and opportunity. It helped round out my education and gave me valuable knowledge that I could not have gained any other way. Thank you Mom for being my teacher for five years.


Comments