Tree trimming 2019

It was time to decorate the Christmas tree which made the children exceedingly glad. We bought a new tree last year and we were excited to see what all the "Pre-Lit" hoopla was about. Turns out Pre-Lit trees are the bomb diggity. From opening the box to putting ornaments on the tree was fifteen minutes. That and the fact we put it upstairs for the first time since 2016...yep...total win.

Pulling out the ornaments every year and reliving the memories of why we received each one is a highlight. For instance...Steve gave me this ugly peacock ornament because he was inspired by my Mom's ugly Aladdin ornament. He wanted me to have something ugly on my tree too. Tonight D recognized the peacock feather's potential as fake eyes.


C was not to be outdone and held this one up to his face and insisted I take a pic of him just as I had D.


There are always many, many pictures like these...




Before we get one that is deemed "picture perfect".


I love the "STOP TOUCHING ME!!!" pictures just as much as I love the angelic looking one because this is our very real, very blessed life.

Comments