Thanksgiving 2019

We went to Steve's parents house for Thanksgiving. It was a lovely dinner and the kids enjoyed Thanksgiving bingo with Grammy afterwards. Thank you!


We were in charge of bringing a dessert. I asked the kids what they wanted and J asked for a gluten free pumpkin pie. In that moment I realized he has never had one and I felt like a bad mom. I mean, what nine year old American has never had pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. So...of course I made one and he loved it because pumpkin pie is delicious. Now he knows.


One really nice memory from the day:

While I was at work that morning, my ministering sister dropped off a glorious baked-from-scratch apple pie. As she was walking away she asked Steve if there were any food allergies. He told her about J being wheat free. She felt bad, but he said it would mean more pie for the rest of us and she left.



I had been home for about a half hour and there was a knock on the door. There she stood with another glorious baked-from-scratch apple pie...this one gluten free. It was still warm and she had written down all the ingredients so we would feel comfortable allowing J to eat it. It was such a kind gesture that meant so much. And in an interesting twist...the gluten free won the taste test. It was a Thanksgiving miracle.


Comments