Farms and butterflies

It was a lovely day outside so C and I headed to Farm Country to see the animals. Riding Blondie the pony was exciting.


On a whim we also went to the Butterfly Biosphere. It was not busy. One of the workers was walking around carrying a butterfly and asked C if he wanted to hold it. He politely declined, but because I am his mother he held the butterfly and had a conversation with her about his observations. For instance, he was worried about the needle on the butterfly hurting him. She explained that was the tongue and it was just tasting his finger. I was able to pass my phone to the gal and she was able to take a few pics which was nice of her to do.


Other beautiful butterflies we saw.



Side note: I have new glasses. I failed to mention, but during swim lessons this summer one of my lovely children stepped on my glasses and broke them. I used an old prescription until I could get new ones and let me just say--being able to see clearly is pretty great.


After seeing the butterflies C found a magnifying glass that allowed him to better inspect the beetles, scorpions, and tarantulas.



Comments