Push ups

When J and D (rarely M) need discipline, I have them stop and immediately do push ups in sets of ten. For example: you sass me...ten pushups. You sass me again...twenty pushups. They don't sass me a third time. It's always slightly uncomfortable if we are in public, but I believe in immediate consequences and strong follow through. Note that the mortification Steve feels knows no bounds.

So we are at J's basketball practice and C keeps playing in the water fountain. I tell him repeatedly to stop. Finally he lays on his stomach on the floor in front of me and says, "I do pushups". I watched him silently, but after he did a few he said, "Count". I counted to ten and then he slowly walked over to me, gave me a hug, and said, "Sorry Mommy" which was adorable. That little boy wants to be treated the same as his siblings. I sure hope they realize how much C idolizes them.


Comments