Is that you Fluffo?

C and I walked the boys to school. He felt so grown up walking with J and D, but cried all the way home when he didn't get to go to class with them.


He and I ran errands and stopped by the animal shelter. When I saw this dog my heart stopped. He was the spitting image of my dog growing up...Fluffy or Fluffo as my Dad called him.  Fluffo showed up at our door one day. We tried all kinds of things to get rid of him, but he would never leave. He adopted us. Most of our animals disappeared, were struck by cars, became mean and were taken to the shelter or abandoned, and one was shot, but not Fluffo. He was a streetwise pup with the kindest soul. In his prime, he was the fastest dog around. He would run so fast he tore up the ground as he blurred past. He never once snapped at or bit anyone. He could read our moods and knew how to interact with each of us.





Seeing that canine who looked like my childhood pet, caused me to briefly consider adopting a dog. I am NOT a dog person, but that's how great Fluffo was. Clearly I am missing my kids if I considered bringing another animal into our lives.

Comments