Heavenly Buddy

For home church this week we were in 1 Corinthians and I found myself studying the Holy Ghost. We know He is the third member of the Godhead and we are taught he is equal to God and Jesus Christ in purpose and mission, but what does that mean?

As I studied about the Holy Ghost I realized He testifies of Christ and truth, He brings thoughts to our mind and hearts, He guides us to good things, He comforts us, He cleanses us and helps us feel pure again when we repent, and He protects us.

In a perfect world, that's what good friends can do.

It has taken me most of my life to form a relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ because they felt ambiguous, distant, enigmatic, disinterested, etc. I now know they are very real and care very deeply about me, but it took a long time. In a perfect world, dads and brothers are supposed to love, care, and want the best for you. I try to make the relationship as clear and real as possible so when I talk about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ to my kids and others I refer to them as our Heavenly Dad and Heavenly Brother.


After studying this week, it was an eye opener to think of the Godhead in a more accessible way and that in addition to our Heavenly Dad and Heavenly Brother, we also have a Heavenly Buddy and all three are looking out for us.


Comments