M is 12

M is 12 which is completely unbelievable. She is a dream and turning into such a lovely young woman who we are so proud of. I know teen angst is coming, but I am soaking up every bit of sweetness that is my M.

We take family birthday celebrations very seriously in our family. So after researching things we haven't done as a family we stumbled on Funtopia and M jumped at the chance to climb walls. Steve, M, J, and D LOVED it. I offered to stay firmly planted on the ground, take pictures, and watch C which in no way was because I am terrified of heights.






C was not happy at being left out of climbing, but he made his own fun.




I love how determined M is. This is her concentration, power through, get out of my way face.


Dad and D had fun planning their dual jumps. 1...2...3...Go! 






Worn out.


I got my ears pierced at Claire's when I was 12 and told M if she wanted her ears pierced for her 12th birthday we would make it happen. She was on the fence for a few weeks, but then several friends came to school with their ears pierced and asked her when she was going to get hers done. That was the deciding factor.

While my experience was decent in comparison to others, I did not want M's ears pierced at Claire's. Having a kid with five minutes of training wield a piercing gun next to M's head was a no go.  A few years ago a friend of mine had her daughter's ears pierced at a tattoo shop and suggested that is where we should go if M decided to get hers pierced. After making numerous calls we found a place that could do the job well.

Pre-piercing.

The moment she looked like a witch doctor.

The moment her ear started bleeding in earnest.

The moment both M and I had to sit/lay down because we saw blood.

The guy that did her piercings was fantastic. So thorough, so kind, so informative. We had the whole fam gathered around watching and he just rolled with it and welcomed us back anytime. A really great experience.


I was excited to learn the jewelry they use is medical grade stainless steel and has an extra long post. Cleaning is going to be a breeze.


Afterward we headed to Bahama Bucks and Crumbl because everyone should celebrate milestones with shaved ice and cookies. Then we grabbed pizzas and headed home to eat and watch How To Train Your Dragon 3.



Happy birthday Sweet Pea! You are a wonderful girl and we love you so, so much.

Comments