Valentines Day 2019

Valentine's Day went off without a hitch. Everybody made it to school with all their cards intact and came home with different ones. I was in charge of M's class party and we cut out fabric for shoes for solehope.org. The students were silent as we talked about how jiggers infest the bare feet of people in Uganda resulting in isolation, pain and, in extreme cases, amputation. Sooo...we showed love to those in Africa by making shoes to aid in the prevention of jiggers. This is the kind of Valentine's party social workers get excited about.



M's class made their own boxes this year. This was her idea sans the pencil marks from C.


Steve brought me the loveliest bunch of flowers he has ever given me. It was completely unexpected since we do not celebrate Valentine's Day. And I was so busy admiring them that I forgot to take a picture, but here are some of them two weeks later.


Something wonderful has happened. Eleanor's is sort of back in business!!! I wish I had thought to record the kid's reaction when I told them. They all gasped and started cheering. M even prayed for them during family prayer that night. We ordered Valentine's treats and we all agreed it was simply wonderful to eat those cupcakes again.


Comments