Celebrating D early

D is going to be 7 in a few days. (Crazy!) Unfortunately, we have a busy schedule on that day so we gave him a few options. He chose today and it turned out to be pretty awesome. He chose waffles for breakfast. Fun fact: Me and the kids prefer my peach syrup to maple. Another fun fact: Steve prefers maple.


The boys created with Legos.


We had a massive snow storm blow in so we bundled up and went sledding. It was so stinking fun.


We warmed up with homemade hot chocolate.


We headed to the Butterfly Biosphere which was pretty neat, but we had four tired kiddos at that point so we will have to try it again when we are all in a better mood.







 
Butterflys everywhere.

D took this with Steve taking a pic from the other side.

He also took this. 

And this.

At the very end a butterfly landed on my jeans and the kids went nuts. 
M, J, and D were excited. C was not.

Then a butterfly landed on Steve and D wanted to touch it soooooo badly.

Steve was a magnet and D continued to be 
super excited (and super frustrated) by the magic of butterflys.
 He really, really, really, really wanted a butterfly to land on him. Maybe next time, Babe.

D, we are so grateful for you. You have such energy, passion, curiosity, and excitement for life. I love that lately you have been saying to Dad and me, "I have five things to tell you. Number one I love you. Number two I love you. Number three I love you. Number four I love you. Number five I love you". Sweet Boy...we love you to infinity and beyond.


Comments