Back to school 2018

We had back to school night.



Which lead to back to school Monday.




I was high-fiving myself in my head because it was the first year I was not teary eyed. And it almost stayed that way. But I went in the school to walk the kids to class and M's kindergarten teacher saw me across the hallway and started hollering, "OH MY GOSH!!! M IS IN SIXTH GRADE!!!! WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE!!!! I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT!!!!" She might not have been saying it as loudly as all caps implies, but I felt it with that level of force and I barely made it out of the school before I started crying because I don't know where the time has gone. And while I am over the moon excited for her and the totally awesome life adventures that await her, I am sad for me. She is a pretty incredible kid and I would be lost without her.

Comments