Shaved ice

I love hot, carefree, long summer days where the kids run in and out of the house and create their own unscheduled fun. I look forward to it all school year so imagine my complete dismay when I realized this summer would be a continuation of the school year.  This is the first year M has continued clogging in the summer, D is in a summer reading program that he qualified for because he is reserved in class, and J is in a math tutoring program for the entire summer. This summer sucks. We stopped for some shaved ice to try to get in touch with the season. It helped a little.





C's impressive shiner came from a run in with the coffee table. It's been a horrible summer.

And here are some random images I found when going through my pictures.

I was making dinner. Steve was exhausted after work and laying on the floor. I kept hearing the kids laugh and finally they asked me to come see why. They were all pretend sleeping. They thought they were hilarious and I chuckled.


C found an antique crane behind Grammy and Grampy's shed. We could not get him off of it after that.


Steve was shining his shoes and D and C insisted on helping.


This is why I do not mop my floor. It is a loosing battle.


As Romi becomes more sick, Mongo has distanced herself. He keeps trying to be near her. Frankly, it hurts my heart because they have always snuggled together.


Comments