The pavers arrive

Fortunately/Unfortunately we are completing the backyard project this year. It will be nice to have it done, but we had not budgeted for the rest of the project so now we have to pull from savings. Oh well. That's part of the joy of home projects right? There is always some twist. For the record Steve is thrilled about this twist. He really, really, really wanted the whole thing done.

I chose pavers vs concrete. Why? Because they warm the space, look homey, and are easy to replace if they crack. They tricky part was choosing which kind. I chose two different styles, but they were out of stock. Finally the lady at the store guided me toward this one and though I never would have chosen it, I love it. She had a good eye.

I went back and forth about whether we should have them delivered or if we should pick them up. I love to save a buck. We had them delivered and it was best decision because when they arrived the invoice said the load was 27,000 lbs. Wow. That is heavy.


Steve could not rest until the whole kit and caboodle was in the backyard so for seven hours we moved pavers. Thankfully we had some friends help us or it would have been even longer. It is possible that I hate pavers which seems premature given the mountain of work ahead of us.


After working so hard Steve needed an ice cold carbonated beverage. He left this one in the freezer too long.


Comments