Celebrating D

D had two birthday parties. One with my family and one with Steve's parents.

D got to help me make cupcakes which he thought was pretty great. Sure do love that boy. He loved getting to blow out candles in front of my family.



He blew out candles at Grammy and Grampy's house too.


Someone got to lick whipped cream off the beater.

I've heard that boys become obsessed with emulating their dads around age six and that is exactly what happened with D. It was like a switch went off in that boy's head. One day he loves Mom and the next it is all Dad all the time. And yes, that was rough for me, thanks for asking, but I cannot think of a better man for D to follow than Steve so I'm okay with it.

D says the sweetest things that melt my heart like, "I'm going to a Dad when I grow up, right Mom? I'm going to be a great Dad like my Dad". Lately he has become fixated on the items that make Steve a Dad. He has decided that a dad has a uniform just like a superhero and those items include a watch, ring, and a wallet with money. He has been asking for those things for his birthday so he can be just like Daddy. Steve's parents made D's dream come true and got him all the things he needed to be a Dad: a watch, ring, and a wallet with $3. The boy was on cloud nine. Heart-melting stuff I tell ya.



Grampy found another watch for J who happily joined the duo.

M lit up the night with her smile. Have I mentioned how much I love this girl?

Comments