Mostly successful Santa visit

As a general rule, we do not visit Santa. The idea of Santa is exhilarating for my kids, but the actual Man in Red terrifies them. I have grown quite accustomed to them telling me what they want and me getting the message to him. This year, however, was different. They felt very strongly that they all needed to have a conversation with him since they knew exactly what they wanted and did not trust me to pass along the message. So we visited with that Leader of the Elves and his Leading Lady.

Overall, it was a good visit. It was quiet, the room was dimly lit, and it was just us. All my kids actually used their voices and actually talked to Santa with almost no prompting. M wanted roller blades and D and J wanted skateboards and they all felt C wanted a ball. We snapped a pic of M, J, and D and were leaving when Santa suggested we take another pic that included C. There was obvious hesitation on my part and when I said C would cry, Santa assured me he was accustomed to crying babies. So I told Steve to get the camera ready, I counted to 3, dropped C in his lap, and ran out of the shot while Steve snapped away. We are making memories over here, folks.



Comments