Roller skating mania

I loooove rollerskating. I mean really loooove it. Feeling the cool breeze on my face, the smooth surface as my wheels glide across the floor, practicing tactical maneuvers as I dart between every obstacle a child can throw in my path. It feels like freedom and I was able to convince Steve that we needed roller skating in our life tonight.

The kids were excited right up until the moment they realized skating takes some practice and will include falls. Then there were some serious tears and tantrums, but that eventually eased as the night went on. In the end they all decided we should come again, but with knee and elbow pads.

This "roller skate trainer" was intended for a smaller child, but J made it work.

M preferred the stroller to the trainer.



Steve might have had to drag me off the floor. Every time he told me it was time to go, I said "Okay!" and then did another lap. Just channeling my inner child.

Comments