My inner Beverly Goldberg

Have you see The Goldbergs? It's funny and I am mostly nothing like Beverly Goldberg, except for one thing...I love to look at and hold onto most of the art and doodles my kids do.

Soooooo...I had a crazy busy day planned and every second was scheduled. I picked D up from kindergarten and he was excited to show me an art project from school that used his hand print and was wrapped in a paper bag he decorated. I'm a sucker for the hand prints, but I did not have time to see it so I told him to keep it in his backpack. What he heard was "Do not put it in your backpack".

Soooooo...I am hustling to and fro, we are in and out of the car, we finally make it back home, I ask to see the art and it is no where to be found. I pull the car apart, but I have a sinking sensation it has fallen out of the car and my baby's hand print is just lying in a dirty parking lot being trampled by humans, cars, and animals alike.

Soooooo...I do what ever reasonable, rational mother would do and I load all the kids in the car and backtrack to every store and parking stall we had frequented just one hour before. But alas to no avail. The hand print with its decorated paper bag was gone.

We headed home dejectedly and once there, I gave the van another halfhearted look see. And what did I find tucked inside (not under) the captain's seat?


THE DECORATED PAPER BAG!!!!


And inside? Why, it was my little baby boy's sweet kindergarten hand print.


Soooooo...that happened.

Comments