Christmas begins

I got to read a Christmas book to M, J, and D's classes and after several preview readings at home, the kids voted for Santa Duck. What a silly book made even sillier with accents, voice inflections, and lots and lots of volume. The kid's classmates ate it up and M, J, and D were heroes for the day.


Killing time in the car waiting for the next book reading.



Once home, it was time to set up the tree and all the trimmings.

The face Steve gives me when I say, "Cheese" and he doesn't want to "Cheese".

Testing out lights.

This pillow fight happened when Dad took too long to get the lights on the tree.

Tree trimming.



D proudly photo bombed C when he was putting on his ornament.





Every year Steve tries to convince me not to put the nativities up high and every year he dutifully gets the ladder and places them in their designated spots once I threaten to do it myself. What can I say? It's a fight we have every year. I think at this point we can call it a tradition. Seriously though, I am grateful he does it because I am afraid of heights. Thanks Babe!

Taking the Santa hat for a test run.

It's gonna be a good Christmas.

Comments