Christmas 2017

My job requires that I work most holidays, but this is the first Christmas in years that I have been home for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It was pretty great and so fun to watch my kiddos joy and excitement without worrying about where I've been or where I'm going.

We celebrated Christmas with my family and enjoyed Aunt Hildegarde gifts.

A hand squirrel. Because everyone needs one of these things.

Everyone also needs an ugly sweater and bold tie.

Lesser known need...Wicked Witch of the East slippers.

We went to church and I forgot to take a picture in front of the tree in our Sunday best so we did it in pajamas instead. We adapt around these parts.


We celebrated with Steve's family.

Playing the family matching game.


It's "Go Utes"! even at Christmas.

I could not figure out where C kept finding candy canes. 
(Sad face because Daddy told him no more candy canes.)

Finally realized Grammy had decorated the tree with them. 
She is a Christmas tree decorating pro.








Almost time to go, but there is always time for dessert.




Preparing for a special visitor. Not sure why D has a gun. In hindsight, that seems unnecessary.


Santa came!


We spent Christmas day at home and I wish I had thought to record the kids reactions because they were priceless. Pounding footsteps up and down the stairs. Barely contained whispers. Soft hoots of joy. This year the magic of the day grabbed all the kids and spun them around till they were delirious with happiness. Steve and I stayed in bed and soaked up each sound they made. They finally could not handle it anymore and got Steve and I so we could see the awesomeness of Santa. The kids kept staring at the gifts Santa brought and whooping with joy. D was hilarious because every few minutes he would look at us with sheer wonder and say, "I got exactly what I wanted, but how did he know"? Such a fun, sweet day.







Trying out the new gear.



We ended the day with a delicious dinner and a prayer of gratitude in my heart for the sweetness of being able to be a part of this family.


Comments