Tennessee bestie

I grew up in Tennessee and became lifelong friends with a gal when we were about eleven. Of course we didn't know we were going to be lifelong friends then, but that is where we are 26 years later. She and I have repeatedly established that we could not be more opposite from one another and yet...it works. Maybe because when you are a kid differences are taken in stride? I don't know. But this gal is the best. Real quality stuff, that one.

She still lives in Tennessee. We talk frequently, but with eight kids, two husbands, and 1,600 miles between us it makes it hard to get together. Last time was in 2009. So imagine my elation when she called and said she was coming to town for General Conference! Celebration city! And celebrate we did!


They came bearing food from Viva Chicken in St George. Try it. Their basil lemonade is ridiculously delicious.


We shopped a scratch and dent food storage sale. Pretty much my dream come true.

My kids finally got to have a real live sleepover together and they thought it was the most awesome thing in the whole entire world.


Our kids played together and seemed to have a good time. They talked so much about Ninjago that it lit a fire in my boys to love Legos. Soooo thank you...I guess?

Mostly we just laughed our heads off. It's kind of our thing. So stinking glad you guys came out and stayed with us for four days and that we stayed up until 1:00 am every night. Talk about a blast from the past. Also remember the past when staying up until 1:00 am didn't turn us into zombies the next day? But I digress...We had a blast! Please, please, please come again!



Comments