J is 7

J is 7. The first three years were rough with that kid while we figured out his medical issues, but the last four have been great. He is a sweetheart who wants to help. His favorite household chore is laundry. Something about separating the clothes, loading them in the washer, and adding soap makes his heart sing. He loves basketball and spends most of the day making "shoots" against the living room wall. He thinks reading is the best and enjoys showing me his reading skills. He loves his siblings and he loves being the big brother. So grateful for this kid.

On a sad note: My sister called a few months ago to tell me Eleanors Bake Shop was closing. Though they poured their heart and soul into that place for almost seven years, it had become unsustainable. I caught her off guard when I had to hang up because I started to cry. Eleanors has been a safe haven for us; the only wheat free restaurant in Utah. J was safe there. It's where we have celebrated all our big family events and where J has felt included because he can have anything on the menu. Telling J they were closing was sad because he loves them so much. We all do. Before they closed I was able to stock up on cake mixes and take a cupcake making class. Even though this adventure did not turn out how they hoped, I will be forever grateful for their presence in our lives the last six years.

This year, instead of special ordering a birthday cake for J from Eleanors, I used their cake mix to create a masterpiece. It was delicious, but I missed picking up a cake from a bakery for J. Sometimes it's sad to be different. But enough sadness...Happy birthday J!! I love you to the moon and back!



A few days later we celebrated the big 07 with Steve's parents, my Mom, and her Husband. J was floating on cloud 9. Thank you for the gifts!



Comments