Halloween 2017

Halloween is the best holiday ever! And this year was a blast! After much debate, M chose to be a ninja. After no debate, J chose to be a dolphin (again). After much more debate, D chose to be (budget) Darth Vader, but changed his mind the night before Halloween and decided on a pirate. And with no discussion whatsoever, C was a pumpkin.

We started the day at the school for their annual Halloween parade (which is the one thing about Halloween that I strongly dislike).


Then the kids were checked out of school to trick or treat at Daddy's work. Love, love, love this tradition! So fun (and lucrative)!




Then home for soup and neighborhood trick or treating with my Sister. Glad you came!






Then there was the moment I had the wool ripped off my eyes...so shocking. Here is that story: We were minding our own business, trick or treating with the fam, when two boys walked up to M and started flirting with her! I'm talking puffed out chests, eyes only for her, intentionally using deeper voices...the whole nine yards. And Steve and I were standing RIGHT THERE!!! M took the encounter in stride and smiled and laughed with them before they ran off to find more candy while we stood there with jaws on the ground. A few houses down, there was a boy acting like a rabid dog barking and chasing everyone away from the candy bowl. Well...everyone, but M. As soon as he saw her, he ripped off his mask, starts yelling her name, and hobbled toward her on his knees with candy in his outstretched hand. IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING??? I thought I had more time. Clearly, I don't.

This was taken right before the first flirting so clearly this picture needed to be included in this blog. You know, pre and post.

Then we were invited to a friend's house for chili dogs and an outdoor movie. And here is that humorous story: After we had been there 20 minutes and were enjoying ourselves immensely, M tells me her tummy is yucky. That is what she says right before she vomits. Thankfully we were outside. I start firmly telling her to go to the back of the yard. Just as she gets there, she starts throwing up while lots of friendly neighbors watched and cheered her on. Let me just say-throwing up outside is the way to go. There was nothing to clean up. I would have high-fived M if she had been in the mood. We all left immediately and while the boys ate candy, M sat on the bathroom floor. Understandably, she did not want any pictures taken of her, but I was able to take a few of Cleopatra who entertained the sick child with jokes and stories while Steve and I got the boys ready for bed. Thanks for distracting her!


Cleopatra summoning her royal cats.

Even with the surprises of the evening it was a great day. Long live Halloween!!!!

Comments