Another Saturday

I started working weekends the year before M was born and I have been going strong since then, but lately I've been feeling like I need to cut back and be home more. Here is the truth: When I am home, Saturdays are not good days for us. In general, Steve and I work well together, but we do not have a lot of practice being a family on the weekend and since he and I are complete opposites and run the household differently, we tend to self destruct. Clearly we need more practice.

So today was another Saturday with the whole fam and like usual it was wonky, but we all came out fine on the other side so that makes us winners in my book.

The day started with Steve putting air in a ball, realizing there was a hole, trying to patch the hole with superglue, having the superglue explode from the hole from the force of the escaping air, the superglue becoming airborne, and landing directly in his eye. Then he panicked, I told him to flush it with water, I laughed, he didn't, and I took pictures.



While he recovered, the kids and I went through shoes and switched out sizes.





Then M and D made leaf bellies.


And the night ended with J convincing C to climb in his lap so he could tell him how much he loved him.



So...rough start...sweet ending.

Comments