Awesomeness of good fortune

There are some days when you are in the right place at the right time and today was that day. Because of this Christmas present to M, I get periodic emails from the Salt Lake Culinary Center. I received one informing me they were starting the Dinner Project and were kicking it off by partnering with Jones Creek Beef and anyone who came received a $25 gift certificate for an upcoming class. This was a win-win - sample free food and get a gift certificate for M to take another class. I invited my Mom, but she had a work commitment (you missed out!) so I called Steve and told him what I planned to to do. As usual he thought I was being ridiculous, but he likes me so he met me there.

Let me say this was one of the most AWESOME things we have ever done. Only a handful of people showed up and the three chefs spent several hours creating the most incredible dishes for a photo shoot so we ate and ate and ate and ate and ate. The flavors were out of this world and we were able to ask questions and watch so many demonstrations. Holy Hannah. Slice of heaven!!! At one point I asked one of the chefs where he had worked in Utah. The places were so highfalutin I had only heard of one.

Eventually we had to leave. Steve and I figure we had a several hundred dollar lunch for free and we got that gift certificate for M. Everyone was so kind and knowledgeable and let me say that Jones Creek Beef was seriously good beef. And though we were there for two hours I was in such shock over the totally awesomeness of our good fortune that I only snapped one pic, but if you want some more mouthwatering yumminess go here and know it tasted even better than it looked.


Comments