First day of school 2017

It is that time again. We celebrated back to school with our traditional school lunch dinner. We packed a lunch, walked to school, and ate. My kiddos love this tradition.





Then it was back to school.




Yes his backpack says Wesley. I got a good deal.



Surprisingly this was the first year I didn't dissolve into tears the second my babies walked into the building. Maybe it is because we had the best summer ever and I had no regrets about things we should have done. Or maybe it is because the school departure I am really dreading is in a week when D goes to Kindergarten. Regardless, it is back to the grind and M and J are excited to be there.

A word about J and his wheat allergy. I have been dreading 1st grade for years. This is when he goes to school all day and eats lunch where I can't monitor him. I have met with his teachers and school (they have been incredible to work with) and put every safeguard in place. Now all I can do is hope for the best.

Comments