Wildflowers

My Sister called to ask if I was interested in hiking to the Albion Basin to see the wildflowers. I had no idea what she was talking about, but apparently it is wildflower season in the mountains. There is even a festival. I have lived in Utah for 21 years and this is the first time I have heard of such a thing. I love flowers. So yes. I would like to see fields of them.

This hike can be summed up in one word: Stunning. This was my most favorite hike I have been on in years. Not strenuous. No sheer drop offs. Millions of flowers. Beautiful views. We went at 7:00 pm and stayed for two hours. By the time we left it was 56 degrees. We all loved it. How much, you ask? Ummmm...about 261 pictures worth. No joke. We stopped every few feet. The kids were so excited they kept asking for our cameras to snap pics of their own favorites. Toward the end I felt like we were taking pictures of the same things, but everything was so beautiful we couldn't stop. Unbelievable beauty.





Seriously we stopped every few feet.













D may have a future as a photographer once he moves his finger out of the way.






Dad spotted a moose.

Mom spotted a stupid person.


Thanks Sister for inviting us. That was fabulous!

Comments