Natural History Museum of Utah

A good friend gave us free tickets to the Natural History Museum of Utah and today we went to see what it was all about. When Steve and I were students at the U we had free access, but never used it once. After seeing the totally cool awesomeness of this place I am kicking myself. M had a field trip here awhile back and loved showing us some of the sights. The favorite thing to show us were the interactive smell exhibits. There was a spot where you could smell what dinosaurs might have eaten and in what environment they might have lived. The environment smelled like a rotting forest and was reminiscent of some of the smells of my childhood in Tennessee. The food was rotting flesh. That was awful and I ran back to smell the rotting forest again. M thought our reactions were hilarious. Some other things we saw:

Large dinosaur footprints.


When M went on her field trip she loved the exhibit that allowed you to walk on glass with fossils underneath. Her group sang "We're walking on fossils" to the tune of "We're walking on sunshine." She could not wait to do that again.


We stumbled on a live bug exhibit. Oh how I hate these types of things. Steve and D were living it up holding cockroaches and millipedes.





M and J felt the same way I do.


C was just happy to be along for the ride.


They have a Viking exhibit that was really interesting. I could have spent a chunk of time in there had my wee ones not been done for the day.


What a neat place. Thank you for the tickets!

M's face!

Comments