The Trifecta

It was a warm day so we walked to get M from school. On the way back I stopped to talk to a friend and the kids saw an opportunity to play at a nearby park while I visited. After about an hour, M came over. She had been playing on the monkey bars and accidentally ripped one of the callouses off her hand. I could see she was in pain so we went home.

Once there, I had her wash the dirt out of the gash on her palm. As I was putting Bacitracin and a band-aid on her, she started to sway. I asked if she was okay and she kept telling me she didn't know. I asked if she needed to throw up. She said she didn't know and started to sway even more. I put my arms around her to guide her to the bathroom just in case and she went completely limp. I yelled her name over and over again, but she did not respond. She was out cold for 5-7 seconds, came to for a moment, and then was out again for 5-7 more seconds. I lowered her to the ground, elevated her feet, and got her Gatorade and crackers. She had lost all color in her face and had a hard time focusing on me. She told me she felt like she had been spinning super fast and was very dizzy. She had a hard time hearing me because her ears were clogged and that took several hours to resolve.

We figured the reason she passed out was because she was hot from playing, she had not grabbed an after school snack, and she was in pain. I am calling it: The Trifecta. She and I laid on my bedroom floor for 45 minutes before she felt well enough to go outside and play with J and D. C kept her company while she was recovering.

C eyed her crackers.

He made a break for it while she was resting.

She savored her crackers and teased him at the same time.
Clearly she was perking up.

Can I have some please?

There is my beautiful girl feeling much better.

Not fair! M had Gatorade?!

Savoring the mashed potatoes he received instead 
of the crackers he wanted.

You caught me off guard M. Glad you are feeling better! I love you Sweet Girl!

Comments