J's Kindergarten program

J had his Kindergarten program and it was awesome! The kids said one liners and sang songs. It was very well put together with a lovely slide show at the end, complete with pictures of their first year in school. J was so excited to show us and the Grandparents (Thanks for joining us!) what he had been preparing.


Watching him reminded me of M's Kindergarten program four years ago. I cried the whole time during hers and I was patting myself on the back this go around because I was fine. Well, I was fine until the end when they played a video with each kid (class of 2029) running past the camera waving goodbye while True Colors played in the background. Then I was not fine. Nope. Not at all.


Raising J has been a sacred privilege. One that I only have because of his birth family's sacrifice. I am acutely aware that I get to see this precious little boy every day while they do not. Adoption is bittersweet; a painful blessing. And one that I thank Heavenly Father for every day. My children's birth parents are never far from my thoughts because I have their beautiful children to remind me how blessed I am to be their mother. But while it is true that I get to share my life and love with these incredible children, I am not the only one who loves them. They were fiercely loved before they ever came to me and for that I will always be grateful.

Comments