Step down

Another huge day! C has been moved out of the NICU and into a regular pediatric room. We have been looking forward to this day because we have been told repeatedly that once he is out of the NICU we would not have any visitor restrictions and his siblings would all be allowed in at the same time. Though we knew the plan was to transfer him today, the nurses did not tell me it had happened and when we got to the hospital I did not know where my baby was. When we finally were able to get to C, the tech was just finishing feeding him though there were explicit instructions that we wanted to do it when we arrived. As a result I had a major showdown with the staff. One especially explosive moment was when they tried to keep M, J, and D out of C's room because they were children and had the potential to be disruptive and unruly. Oh heck no! For your own safety get out of my way. I am only 5 feet tall, but there must have been something alarming about my presentation because they quickly relented. We spent the next two hours interacting as a family and it brought sweet relief to my troubled heart and mind.








After all the sibling love it was time for Dad to snuggle while the kids watched a movie on the iPad. Unruly, my foot! 


Our second family picture. I love these humans.
 

Comments