M's nine

M is nine. Totally insane. Having her birth mom choose us to be this little girl's parents remains one of the most sacred experiences of my life. Every time I look at M, I see her birth mom and I am grateful and humbled all over again.

In our family, we have chosen not to give presents, but instead take the day to do something together. M had been thinking long and hard and decided she wanted to hike Timpanogos Cave, go to a splash pad and eat banana splits. I am eight months pregnant so hiking seemed ambitious, but M's heart was set on it. So after clearing it with the doctor and convincing Steve it was no big deal, we headed to the mountains.

It was a beautiful morning for hiking and the kids loved the trail. Turns out slow and steady won the race and we got there just in time for our tour. M loved the cave and thought the rock formations were awesome. I loved that it was 45 degrees in there.


D insisted on carrying the backpack for Dad. 
He changed his mind after he nearly toppled backward.
 

The alligator formation.

The bleeding heart.





We stopped by a splash pad on the way home and let the kiddos cool off. Then finished the night with banana splits.


M declared it was the best birthday ever. I love you, Baby Girl!

Comments